What does the word right mean? Definitions and usage examples of the word right. Example sentences with right.
1. A1 (adjective) correct or true
• What is the right answer?
• I guess, you're right.
2. A1 (noun) the right side or direction
• Look to your right.
• His house is on the right.
3. B1 (noun) something that a person is morally or legally allowed to have or do
• Everyone over 18 has the right to vote.
• She had every right to be angry.
• “Is she Amy?” “Yes. That’s right.”
• Arabic is read from right to left.
• Her theory was proved right.
• You’re right about him.
• You were right to be cautious.
• She’s absolutely right in this case.
• There’s a bar area to/on the right of the door.
• The property belongs to her mother by right.
• “Is that clock right?” “Yes.”
• Give us the right answer to this question.
• Everything you say is right and true.