What does the word change mean? Definitions and usage examples of the word change. Example sentences with change.
1. A1 (verb) to become different; to make someone or something different
• His appearance changed over time.
• This job changed my life.
• The wind has changed direction.
2. A1 (verb) to replace one thing or person with another
• I want to change my job.
• He changed his name to Tom.
3. A2 (verb) to exchange money into a different currency or smaller unite
• I need to change some money.
• Can you change a $100 bill?
4. A1 (noun) the act, process, or result of changing
• There are changes in the plan.
• We made changes to the system.
• He is someone who hates change.
5. B1 (noun) the money that you get back when you pay more for something than it costs
• Keep the change.
• Don’t forget your change!
• He has changed his appearance.
• The town changed so much.
• You haven't changed a bit!
• I changed the car for a bigger one.
• Don't change the subject!
• He changed his mind.
• I should change my diet.
• We made changes to the design.
• People can change with time.
• Do you have any change?
• I have 6 dollars in change.
• Where can I change my money?
• She changed dollars into/for pounds.
• He gave the waiter $100 and said ‘Keep the change’.
• It is hard for some people to adapt to change.
• I couldn’t recognize you - you’d changed so much.
• We just walked for a change.
• She changed the way I viewed the world.